I’m Jesselou H. Villegas. A.K.A. Jesselle or Jess. Twenty years old and graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Communication Major in Media Production at Assumption College Makati last March 26, 2010. I love writing, photography, television, and music and those are the reasons why I took up Media Production. Back in college, I was very active in the school newspaper where I was a news writer and eventually became a features editor. It was a really great experience because I got to share my passion for writing as well as my thoughts and ideas in the articles I wrote and in my column. I was also into theater and was constantly an ensemble or a supporting character. But what I liked about theater the most is being backstage. It’s actually more fun than being onstage because it is where all the action is! You know all the cues and the flow of the whole production. In one of my organization’s productions, I was head of the props committee and an assistant stage manager. I really enjoyed being a Media Production student. I got a taste of what it was like in the print, radio, and television industries. During class productions, I was always the scriptwriter, musical director, or the casting director. I also experienced being a floor director during our studio shoots and a segment producer for our school television channel.
I am currently a member of the Candy Council of Cool, a group of young writers for Candy Magazine. I feel very blessed to have been given this opportunity. In fact, it was the sweetest thing that happened to me. Ever since I was in grade school, I have always wanted to write for the magazine and when I became a COC member, I have fulfilled my wish. Being in the Council of Cool is a lot of fun! I get to meet new people, work with an amazing team, and of course, write for the magazine that I grew up with.
So that wraps it up! I hope to know you all better and I’m looking forward to having a great and enriching semester with you. :)
So that wraps it up! I hope to know you all better and I’m looking forward to having a great and enriching semester with you. :)
Feel free to visit my Candy Council of Cool blog! Here's the link: http://www.candymag.com/coc/author/jesselle/
No comments:
Post a Comment