Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hair Scare!


The hair is every girl’s crowning glory. Her ultimate dream is to possess smooth and shiny hair that will make guys turn their heads and take a second look at her when she passes by. But what if one shampoo changes everything and banishes her dream away? That’s what happened to me and here’s my story.

One day, I was grocery shopping with my mom at the supermarket. I went to the shampoo section to get my favorite shampoo. But when I reached the shelf, my favorite Palmolive Naturals Intense Moisture was not available so I got a different variant, Perfect Ends. It’s so ironic because it is for hair prone to split ends and my hair has no split ends. I told myself that I’ll use it for now and also to experience using a new one. Maybe it will be good and I can use it alternately with my favorite.

Palmolive Naturals Perfect Ends turned out to be the exact opposite of what I thought it would be! The smell isn’t as appealing as my favorite. I observed that at the end of the day, my hair smells funny; shampoo fragrance mixed with sweat. Sometimes, the sweat overpowers the shampoo scent which makes me wonder whether my hair smells good or not. The effects on my hair are so not good! My hair became brittle and sticky as well as lots of “tuchang” or standing hair. It is “buhaghag” and looks like a walis tambo. No matter what I do to my hair like brush a hundred times or apply hair products to tame it, it’s still frizzy and chaotic.

From now on, I’ll stick to my favorite variant. I’m using it again and my hair is back to normal (Thank God!). I will no longer sport the “mahangin-sa-labas” look and the worst: “hey-look-at-me-I’m-the-wicked-witch-of-the-west” look minus the green face and the black dress! Goodbye bad hair days!

1 comment:

  1. ya a good shampoo that you are "hiyang" with is a must, especially in a tropical country like ours. palmolive gives me dandruff though. i experiment with "new" brands and variants sometimes but chemists say it's all the same stuff. it's just the perfume that differs. i'm thinking that may be what causes the itch

    ReplyDelete